Top five things I’ve learned at the Balticon fantasy and science fiction convention this weekend:
1. There are gourd societies that focus on the art potential of dried gourds. Photos to come.
2. There is a natural, barefoot movement among many Con goers which seems very free-spirited and casual…until you see a guy going in to use the restroom. I’d be packing flip-flops for that.
3. If you don’t own a black t-shirt with some kind of witty sci-fi saying printed on it you’re probably not here.
4. Corsets are in. So are kilts.
5. You can visit the various suites and parties and quite probably make it the whole weekend on the food and drink you find there…if you can survive on Sunny-D, M&Ms, mini-bagels, and veggie trays. I couldn’t, but I did discover mini M&Ms in my travels. Who knew?